"Disk Not Found" Partition Expert Personal Edition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by stealth1701, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealth1701

stealth1701 Registered Member

Hi
    I got a free copy of Partition Expert Personal Edition form the cover disk of a Computer magazine, installed it and tried to increase the size of a partition. The software allows me to allocate space from the interface and says its needs to reboot to commit the changes.
    However, when the machine reboots I get the messsage "Disk Not Found" and then the machine then reboots back into windows.
    From the About box I have version 2003 Build 278

My hardware configuration is
    MSI NEO2 Platinum motherboard
    2 MAXTOR SATA Harddrives (one is 250GB the other is 80GB)
    P4 3.2 GHz
    Windox XP Professional SP2

Thanks in advance for your help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stealth1701,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis Partition Expert 2003 any more because it is an old version. You may purchase the upgrade to new powerful program called Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 at our on-line store. It will work properly with your hardware.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. stealth1701

stealth1701 Registered Member

Hmm, Well it was on the cover of a magazine this month and I bought the magazine just to get this. I think it is a bit misleading of you if you give away a piece of sofware as a full version and then say - well it doesn't work but go ahead and buy the upgrade which will work. I could understand this if I were buying an upgrade that had additional features I wanted but I kind of would expect the full version givaway to at least work at a basic level!
    Needless to say I will not be buying the upgrade on the strength of the quality of the supposed full version given away on the magazine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.