Disk editor demo?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by traderhut, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traderhut

traderhut Registered Member

Hi,
    I just downloaded and installed the Disk Editor demo... Much to my suprise, it didn't even list all of the disks in my machine, apparently, it is quietly limited to C: - which, under no conditions do I want to go around mucking with...

At least, I'm pretty sure that it allows me to actually write the changes to the disk in the demo mode - I've not tried it yet, but it would be monumentally stupid of them to require the installation of a device driver (and reboot) if it didn't actually write to the disk!

So, any idea how to make this software actually do anything? I'm also not buying that my disk is formatted with partitions "Novell type 67" for the partitions on my C: drive (it shows 4 partitions used, of the 2 that actally are)
    (And requires you to pull out a stinking calculator to figure out the size of the partitions in MB/GB... (Ok, I guess they are 512byte sectors, so you can divide by two?) Ok, quick divide by two: 1701990410?

Current plan: Uninstalling this software tomorrow unless I get a response that tells me how to make it do something useful...

(Oh, the disk it can't see is a CF card plugged into a Adaptor for a PCMCIA Slot... I guess because it is "removable" it won't let me edit it... SIGH)

-Chert

http://www.traderhut.com

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello traderhut,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management software.

Please let us know where did you get the demo version of Acronis Disk Editor product. The thing is that this product has been included into Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 almost a year ago and you have probably downloaded the outdated version.

The other thing is that you are completely right assuming that Acronis products work only with hard disk drives and don't work with storage devices recognized as removable media by the operating system.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. traderhut

traderhut Registered Member

It says it's version 6.0. Build 360. I found the link off Google, and I'm rather disappointed that it can't handle removable disks - (Not floppies, but 4GB CF cards that have a partition table, etc. just like any other hard disk.)

I'm guessing it won't handle USB removable hard disks either.

Needs to be updated for the 90's.

Thanks, I'll uninstall it.

-Chert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.