Disk Director Suite vs Server

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by bcsinc, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcsinc

bcsinc Registered Member

I have a 2003 standard server, 32bit, and 2 SCSI drives. This is a stand alone terminal server.

I recently purchased Disk Director Suite 9.0 and used the utility to resize partitions with no problem.

My question is, what is the difference between the Suite and Server versions of the software, and why did the Suite version work on my server?

I'm also interested in True Image. Can I use the Workstation version vs the Windows Server version?

Thank you in advance for any help with this topic.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bcsinc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 support Windows 2003 Server but Acronis Disk Director 10.0 does not. We did not have different versions for home users and servers until the 10.0 version of Acronis Disk Director was released.

The main difference between Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0 and Acronis Diask Director Suite 10.0 is that the first product is oriented for servers and supports server operating systems and that Acronis OS Selector is included into Suite version only.

Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation does not support Windows 2003 Server, so we can offer you to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server to see how the software works on your computer.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. bcsinc

bcsinc Registered Member

Thanks for the responce Kirill.

That explains it. I do like the Acronis products although I don't think the server software is within my budget.

JIm

4. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

a real benefit for the server version would be the support of dynamic drives, which is promised for ages......

Any light at the end of the tunnel?? (release-date)

Volker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.