Disk Director Suite - novice question

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by opchiasm, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opchiasm

opchiasm Registered Member

Thanks for any help and I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

I am running Disk Director Suite on XP Pro-SP2. I have only one OS. I did not install OS Selector. I have 3 hard drives and I wanted to make two partitions from one of the physical drives, which I managed to do.

When I look at the graphical representation of the drives and partitions, 3 of them are flagged in red. I believe that means that they are "Active" (whatever that means).

Is it OK to have 3 "Active" partitions? Should just the C:\ drive (the boot drive) be active? Is there a way to change a partition from a red flag to a green?

Thanks very much for any help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello opchiasm,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

Please note that you can have only one Acrive Primary partition on a hard disk drive. So now you have one Active Primary partition on each of your three hard disk drives.

Please also note that if you have only one Primary partition on a hard disk drive than it will be marked as Active automatically (red flag). If you have more than one Primary partition you can set any of it as Active (Right click on the partition you want to set as Active and select Advanced -> Set Active).

There is no way to set the Active Primary partition to be not Active in the current version of Acronis Disk Director Suite if you don't have one more Primary partition to set Active on this hard disk drive.

Hopefully informed you well.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. I cannot locate in the Help what it means when you have a partition with no flag whatsoever.
    Please help. Thanks much.
    Warren

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.