Disk Director Server and Raid setup

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by b767mike, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b767mike

b767mike Registered Member

Haven't bought the Disk Director Server edition yet. Looking at my choices.

Here's what we need to do. I upgraded out existing raid 1 drives from 80gb to 300gb. They are installed, mirrored and working fine. I now want to resize the partitions so I can use all the space.

Here is my question.

With this software do I only change the partition on the disc 0 and disc 1 will copy/mirror itself over or do I need to go in and have the raid setup do a copy/mirror of the disc 0 onto disc 1. In other words do I only work with the first hard disk and the second will take care of itself or do I do as I did when I upgraded the drives. Resize the disc 0, then use the raid utility to copy that drive to disc 1.

Thanks,

Mike

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Mike:

If your RAID mirrored array is already set up and working, and if Acronis Disk Director recognizes it as a single disk, then you will only see it as one disk and you can work on it as one disk. Your RAID hardware and software will make the necessary changes to both disks.

I have a similar RAID 1 setup on a Dell machine, and when repartitioning, I see the disk array as one disk.

Oops - just re-read your post and see that you're referring to Disk Director Server Edition. My comments were for Disk Director 10 (the home edition).

3. b767mike

b767mike Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. This server stuff is a little different. Still learning. Want to make sure I'm buying the right software and want to make sure I know what I am doing before I go in and mess things up.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.