Disk Director installation

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by eamims, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eamims

eamims Registered Member

Hi, I looked but can't find an answer for this.

I just downloaded Disk Director Suite to help extend the OS partition on our Windows 2000 server machine.

I need to know where to install Disk Director....it won't fit on the C: partition (only 20mb left!). Should I install on D: partition (which I plan on shrinking to give C: more space) or on one of the other 2 unpartitioned drives which have plenty of space (used for file storage)?

What's the best practice?

thanks.

~~Eric

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Eric,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/products/diskdirector/).

Please note that you cannot install any program to unpartitioned space.

Regarding your question you can install Acronis Disk Director Suite to any partition you want (for instance, you can install it on your D: partition).

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. eamims

eamims Registered Member

Thanks,

I wrote 'unpartitioned', but I meant 2 drives with 1 partition each, as opposed to the 1st drive that has the C and D partitions. Thanks. I wasn't sure if the D: would be completely wiped out by the program when I tried to extend C: a bit. Thanks again.

~~Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.