Disk Director Does Not Work

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by devereje, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devereje

devereje Registered Member

HISTORY:

I went to the Acronis web site and downloaded a trial version of the Disk Director. I created a new partition (labeled “M”) of 7.81 megabytes. (NOTE: This is the maximum size that the trial version will create.)

PURCHASE:

I needed a larger partition, so yesterday I purchased the Acronis Disk Director 10 from User Group Relations, via a download. I went through the Acronis link, downloaded and installed it. I then attempted to increase the (“M”) partition size. I get this far (see below…you can see that I made it 2.199 Gigabytes) and click “proceed” which (supposedly) increases the partition size and reboots the system. Well, after reboot, I notice that the partition NEVER gets any larger. I have tried uninstalling the Disk Director and reinstalling it with the same (non) results. Just for fun, I tried to create another partition (stealing from my C drive) and it “looked” like it worked fine until the reboot and then all I had was the partition I had created (“M”) with the trial version.

QUESTION:

What is wrong?

2. jimraehl

jimraehl Registered Member

This may be way late and not seen by the originator, but I ran into the same situation. The solution was to un-install the trial version, then install the purchased version. Your post doesn't say you un-installed the trial, so that may be the problem.

3. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

7.81mb that sound suspiciously like you are trying to create a partition in the space that is created and reserved by the OS when making an extended partition... I may be wrong, but that space is about the same as what you have mentioned.

I very much doubt that the trial version would be restricted in such a way...

I assume you are trying to create this new partition in unallocated space on your hard drive..?? Can you post a screenshot??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.