Disk Director 9 reports error; but what next

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Frank++, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank++

Frank++ Registered Member

Hey guys,
    (hope this is not completely off-topic)

for whatever reason my PC has booted unexpectedly; no BSOD, no nothing; while working, click, black screen, reboot. From then on my C drive does not boot anymore. Okay, well prepared, boot with Disk Director to see if everything is still alive. And here starts my pain: 2 partitions (my C drive plus another one; both NTFS) are marked with a red sign, the size of each partition is recognized correctly but there is only 0 byte free space.

What happened? What to do? Has my FAT gone? Any tool available to recreate a FAT?

Any ideas? I am lost in space,

Frank++

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Frank++,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

It is likely that you have some problem with your hard drive or (less probable) with your hard drive controller. Please run the command

chkdsk /r

in Windows Recovery Console or use the "Check" tool in Acronis Disk Director to correct possible errors with the file system.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.