Disk Director 10 - Server/Workstation Version

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by maytrix, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maytrix

maytrix Registered Member

Why is there now a server and workstation version? Version 9 worked on both and was a great price. It's one of the reasons I started using Acronis's products.

It seems to me, this is just a greedy move. It looks like I'll have to find another option for servers now - or at least not rely on having something to easily reconfigure drives with.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maytrix,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that this is a new sales policy of Acronis company. It was decided to separate all the Acronis products to enterprise and home versions.

You can stay with the previous version Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 if you do not wish to upgrade. Please note that we still provide a technical support for this version.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hello,

but why is there no support for dynamic disks in the server version. Right now the only difference seems to be, that the start of the workstation version is not possible on a server.

At what time will support for dynamic disks be added..?

Greetings

Volker

4. maytrix

maytrix Registered Member

My understanding of the license is that I need a license for each server I am going to use it on, correct? In that case, the only server I can use 9 on are one's that I've purchased it for specifically. I see nowhere where version 9 can still be purchased, so for servers needing repartitioning, we are stuck with the expensive server version.

I personally think the new licensing plan is a bad idea and if anything will get Acronis less business. I know it will be much harder for me to recommend it now, which is too bad, because I think it's a great product. In fact, it's because Powerquest charged the same price for their server version of partition magic that lead me to acronis in the first place. Now it looks like I'll have to do some looking again.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Volker and maytrix,

Please be aware that our Development Team is currently working on this feature implementation. I'm afraid that the exact time frame is not available yet. This feature will be certainly included in future.

Please be aware that you can receive the latest information on Acronis software by signing up for Acronis Newsletter.

To maytrix:

Yes, you are right, according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

Please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com regarding the pricing. They will certainly provide you with the detailed information.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.