Disk Dir.9 Can't increase drive space (Not enough Memory) error

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ripnoel, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripnoel

ripnoel Registered Member

Greetings:

No matter what I try I continue to receive a "Not enough memory" error mssage from Disk DIr.9 when trying to make my C drive larger.

Running Win XP SP1
    D-Dir9 Build 518

I have gone to manual mode and have made sure there is 8.5 gigs available immediately to the right of my C drive. I have committed all previous operations. No matter what I try I keep receiving this not enough memory error. Is there some obscure setting in my registery I should check or something? Help appreciated....quickly running out of space on my C drive.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Rip

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, ripnoel

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums, With the very best of the Season Greetings to you.

Your Problem might be because of some sort of Memory, ie USB flash Card.

Do you also have an empty USB flash Card Reader/Writer connected? If so you can either insert a memory card into it or unplug it prior to rebooting into the rescue mode.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. ripnoel

ripnoel Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion but unplugging my SD card reader and also my HP printer with built in readers made no difference. Of course I did re-booted first before re-testing.

After more testing I have found that I am basically unable to preform any task in Disk Dir. 9. No matter what I try I receive the "Not enough Memory" error.

I might add that I was also receiving this error previously and someone in support at Acronis had me make some registery changes and that fixed this problem. Unfortunately, I had to restore a backup of this drive that was before the fix and I did not take any notes on the changes he had me make. I have not been able to get throught to support. Any other suggestions appreciated.

THX
    Rip

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, ripnoel

That device can still be there.

Can you make sure that the HP reader is still not showing up in >My Computer>Devices With Removable Media.

If still there, Make sure you turn the Printer off, then shut down, then unplug.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ripnoel,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (524), which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists please create a screen shot of this error message and send it to support@acronis.com along with Acronis report file:

Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe, run it and create a report. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please also include the link to this thread in your request and let us know how much memory you have installed on your computer.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.