Discussion on Android and iPhone

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ReverseGear, Mar 5, 2015.

1. You should have tried a Windows Phone, they are dead cheap, have all the functionality you need, easy integration with your desktop, great battery performance.

I was on Holiday in Indonesia and the waiter brought my Windows Phone back to me when I forgot it (nobody wants it). Going four days on tour through kalimantan you laugh at Android and iOS users because your battery is still at 20% at day three, while their batteries died after day one.

2. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I have tried windows phone and I like the interface , but the lack of apps is a deal breaker for me , see my other post - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/thoughts-on-android-manufacturers.374195/

3. Well apps are personal, but I have in usage order
    - yammer
    - what's app
    - linkedin
    - camcard (business card OCR app)
    - maps (build in location service and route planner)
    - traffic info
    - tele text news
    - news from a news website and two news papers
    - currency converter
    - weather plaza

Excellent build in
    - ereader/pdf reader
    - super note
    - office
    - media player
    - bing translate

The option to download maps and language books is really great when travelling through areas with low internet reach (or expensive roaming). I really like the live translation (uses camera and OCR to translate everything on the spot without entering data).

Have no idea what apps I would be missing (don't use facebook, you tube or instagram, but they are available).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I have 100+ apps , Most of the apps coexist on both platforms , but even basic apps like instagram and youtube are not available for windows

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.