Discover MSN 8.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by controler, Oct 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Boy that shared browsing looks like a vulnerability waiting to happen.. or some other scary such thing.

3. controler

controler Guest

MSN® 8 includes automatic virus protection services for MSN Mail, powered by industry leader McAfee. MSN helps protect your e-mail in two ways: BAD!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

View your download history, complete with file information and links to all downloaded files BAD!!!!!!!!! :oops:

Rich e-mail that lets you add color, graphics, and photos and automatically compresses your messages so they'll download faster for friends and family Kinda cool :)

Built-in broadband firewall Can't find much info on this feature.

The page sharing isn't all that new. That has been around for a while.
    It used to be very easly exploited but I am sure that must have change by now. I thought they were talking the communication betwen the people sharing the page was going to be encrypted.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well, even McAfee is better than no AV (of course, there are those that disagree ;)). By integrated, I believe they mean it is server side, and e-mails are scanned when they arrive on the server (as had previously been the case) HOWEVER, I'm not sure (I haven't gotten around to testing MSN :cool:.

I'm sure you can clear it (if not, or if it is stored not locally on your PC but on MSN's servers, then I COMPLETELY agree with you).

Agreed. ;)

I remember reading about this before somewhere - I don't think its new, but they could have changed it or added additional features to it.

Like you, I can't find much information on this feature.

I'm sure it has at least the same protection as Windows XP's "Remote Assistance" feature.

Regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.