Disconnect internet on VPN drop - Solution?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by luciddream, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

As many have seen I've been discussing solutions to automatically disconnect your internet connection when the VPN connection drops. Well I think I may have discovered a very simple solution to it. So simple most of you probably know about it, and think I'm a fool for acting like I've come up with some revelation here. So bear with me here. This is for the noobs like me.

iVPN customer service pointed me to this site as a solution for DNS leaks:

http://www.dnsleaktest.com/

Under the heading "How to fix a DNS leak", I downloaded & installed "Solution A", the automatic fix. After connecting to the VPN it clears the DNS servers in your ISP network connection. Seems to me this would accomplish this goal. When your VPN connection drops, the one through your ISP will be rendered inoperative as well.

Am I overlooking something here, or do I have it?

2. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

if you install comodo antivirus your dns will be theres and you wont get any leak of your own dns

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

The method I mentioned certainly prevents DNS leaks, but doesn't accomplish the other goal. It wouldn't stop a P2P program for example from continuing to send data. Pretty short sighted of me to think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.