Disappearances

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by robb1943, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robb1943

robb1943 Registered Member

Hi all! Having some troubles with my system since installing returnil. It's a great program, however, it was somewhat out of my range of diminished capacity. :doubt:

The System Restore has disappeared from my system input, but I had an activation code for the one-year free promo which was on Gizmo's website.

I cannot use any of my troubleshooters - "a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting" error message with no code
    When I attempt to download troubleshooters again "an unexpected error has occurred. Troubleshooter cannot continue installation."
    I've got allow all users to download from Windows Online Troubleshooting checked. plus the one below it.

One problem also has arisen in that I cannot uninstall Returnil because I must access RSS GUI and change my permission settings.
    I don't have RSS GUI - I must turn off the Virtual type which I cannot access because of (I think) the RSS GUI in Returnil Virtual Mode or something like that has to have it's settings altered.

I also used "Z drive" instead of "S" when making the virtual separate disk for saving something. Returnil made it sound as though it was not mandatory to use "S" for that disk, so I chose Z and it could not be found from within Returnil.

So, as you can see, somehow everything after xp has made input mode (then a BIG MIRACLE occurs) output mode. I had a mild stroke so that might have been the culprit.

Anyway I certainly hope someone can help me sort out this can of worms. I'd gladly relinquish to remote repair if asked.

thanks much

Rob
    Cordova, SC

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Please clarify what you mean here. Are you saying that your restore points in Windows are missing or are you saying that the System Restore feature in your copy of RSS is not available?

What program(s) are you using?

Did you attempt to uninstall RSS using an uninstaller program?

This is confusing as you said above that you could not access the RSS GUI.

What I need you to do is to describe what you did step by step and then describe exactly what happened at each stage.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.