disabling opera unite

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i wondered if there was a startup option to disable opera unite? i.e. opera -nounite

anyway, i looked around in opera:config and saw Web Server, i opened that and unticked Webserver Always On, UPnP Service Discovery Enabled and UPnP Enabled

does that sound like the correct thing to do? i'm using
    Version

Build

Platform
    Linux

does anyone else disable anything un/worthy in that opera:config?

thanks for the help.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

great, thanks GF, i missed the bit about the opera accout, but i just found this and disabled it - Tools>Opera Unite>Discover local opera unite users!!!!

it's like somekind of living nightmare lol. i really, really loved opera i have hacked it loads and added some great userjs, bookmarks etc, but i'm starting to wonder about it :mad:

i might still start a thread about the cool userjs i use, i really like them, i'm using the new Sidki Config too which i really like :cool:

edit: btw i just had a look at that link you gave and it's pretty useful. i bookmarked it :D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just installed the latest version of flash as i was behind a build, but after that i heard unite listens on a certain port. i'll find out what that port is and see what's happing with that port!

EDIT: before i rebooted i was conned to this - 239.255.255.250:1900 - it sounds like unite doing a local discovery i think! but it's gone now :D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.