Disable to install printer?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Marja, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hello!

I d/l'd the free Process Guard a few days ago, so am still very new to this. Looked for a comparable problem in past threads, but only one came close.

I got the files copied onto drive, by "allowing" the set-up files, but, when it came to the installation of the drivers, it would not go any further.

I checked "disable end task", checked the install drivers box and left PG in learning mode, tried to put printer files in protection, to see if that would work, but, I am not familar enough with the program to know if or what else to try.

Should I just disable PG, then install printer and files? Or....o_O

Do you disable PG 2 the same way as instructions for even older versions?

Thanks!! I am very excited about trying this prog out, d/l'd TDS3 too. Haven't installed it yet.

Cheers!

Marja:cool:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Marja, The trial version is limited to one process protection though the checksumming works for all .exe's

Learning mode only allows programs to be added, without asking, to the checksum list in the trial version.

In the protection list just add the processes that you want to test PG with one at a time. The general protection tabs only apply to programs on the protection list.

Whilst using the trial version I would advise disabling PG whilst installing any other software or updates, any changed .exe's will be flagged by the checksumming.

You can disable PG ny simply unticking the protection enabled box

HTH Pilli

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  3. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I will try that then.

Thanks, Pilli!!

Marja

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.