Disable realtime scan for a folder?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Richard Robertson, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Robertson

Richard Robertson Registered Member

I don't mind the realtime scanner being active, but it is preventing me from downloading large files. Firefox fails to finish the downloaded file because the realtime scanner grabs it and doesn't appear to release it fast enough. I have had several large downloads fail within in the past week due to this. These are in the gigabyte range since I've been trying to find a good free to play MMO. I don't appreciate having to disable my security software for a download.

I tried adding a scanner exception for my downloads folder, but then this also prevented me from manually scanning the folder. I tried disabling the realtime scanner, but then I get notification that I am not fully protected (and have a rather angry looking red icon in my system tray).

If anyone has information on disabling the realtime scanner without security warnings (I'm smart enough to scan things manually) or about turning it off for a folder at a time, I would appreciate it.

I'm currently using the trial (14 days left) and other than this issue, I quite like the program.

2. michael83815

michael83815 Registered Member

Open Eset Window hit F5 -> Real Time File System Protection -> Setup Button for ThreatSense -> Limits. Then hit F1 for an explanation of the limit controls...:)

3. Richard Robertson

Richard Robertson Registered Member

Ok, this looks like it should solve the problem. I'll run like this a few days and see if everything works. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.