Disable real-time protection by policy

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by brou, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brou

brou Registered Member

We are currently evaluating the Nod32 business solution to replace our current Symantec Endpoint protection which, although efficient, is very heavy and expensive.

I am currently looking in the policy editor for a way to disable real-time protection. I need such a policy for a specific department here. It's very easy to do on the client side, but configuration is locked by password and I want it to stay this way. I'd like to disable it by policy and apply it to this group of users. Anybody could explain me how ?

2. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Open your policy manager and press edit to edit the configuration.
    Expand File-system filter
    Expand Setup and change the following values to no

Scan on file open.
    Scan on file execution.
    Scan on creation of new files.

This will go ahead and disable Real time file system protection without turning the ESET icon red. Are you having issues with the feature on some of the machines? Turning this off leaves a big vulnurability on the systems where these values are changed.

3. brou

brou Registered Member

Thanks a lot.

These machines do FEA (finite elements analysis), they need every Hz and bit they can get. The software works with a lot of temporary files and realtime protection has quite an impact. We even work with a big RAMDisk because the RAID array couldn't cope with the I/O. They are still scanned completely once a week.

4. brou

brou Registered Member

I just noticed that while it does indeed work as far as disabling real-time scan, updating doesn't work for the clients using this policy. They update once on install, then don't update anymore.

The update section in the policy editor is identical to normal users, which do update every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.