Disable Firewall?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by A7MAD, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A7MAD

A7MAD Registered Member

Hi guys, kind of new here. :)

Firstly I'm loving Eset SS, great app but the problem is the firewall, I'd love to be allowed to turn it off permanently instead of temporarly (until I perform a restart).

I've been advised to go back to Nod32 but I like the anti-spam & anti-spyware which has saved me a few times already.

I have a hardware firewall and have been using XP SP3 firewall happily and would like to continue in doing so, I've searched using google and even asked support (email) they just suggested I go back to NOD32...

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

what's problem you see in ess firewall?

3. A7MAD

A7MAD Registered Member

Hi Proactivelover :)

I have upnp setup working fine with hardware router and windows firewall in SP3, all programs open correct ports when programs are running but when ESET firewall is enabled (thus disabling windows firewall) I have port issues, Utorrent for example always has port issues even after I allow the program.

I just wanted to disable the firewall for good and run everything else.

4. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

if you having trouble with ESS firewall
    click "contact customer care" and send eset about your problem they will help you
    or still if you donot want to use ESS firewall use EAV v3(without firewall)

Attached Files:

• ess.jpg
      ess.jpg
      File size:
      51 KB
      Views:
  5. A7MAD

A7MAD Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the advice I already contacted them and they told me not to use SS but I like SS and NOD32 alone does not offer the extras (minus the firewall) that Smart Security does.

Right now I just turn off the firewall manually but if it is possible would love to permanently do so, I read somewhere it is not yet possible but to me that does not make full sense because the software knows to re-enable it when you perform a restart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.