Disable Firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by bimitre, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bimitre

bimitre Registered Member

Hello,

There're any way to disable de Eset Smart Security Firewall?

Thanks!!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , using the UI -> Setup section.

Though , I don't recommend doing this unless you want hacker/threat visitation ;)

3. bimitre

What do you mean with "UI" (Excuse my ignorance :D )

I prefer to disable until I see the manual, while I use the windows firewall because I know it.

thanks!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

UI = User Interface

Using ESET Smart Security's firewall in Automatic mode is most preferable for you . If you still don't trust ESS's firewall , test it in PC-Flank's web site (Stealth test , Advanced Port scanner test)

www.pcflank.com

5. bimitre

really I don't trust in Windows Firewall :thumbd: , but I don't have time right now to test the eset firewall, and I would like to test it with more time (I want to understand it). However I will try what you say, to turn on in automatic mode :D

thanks and regards!

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The Stealth test is only 1
    The Advanced port scanner tests are average 4

Total 5 tests on PC-Flank.com
    Each test takes 1 minute , so total 5 minutes max to ensure yourself that it is working ;)

7. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

Don't you have to turn off the NAT function of your router to make this a valid test?

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you are behind the router , of course you'll test the router and the NAT should block these . While I test , I am always without the router/NAT device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.