Disable files at startup?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Red Dawn, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

I tried to do a quick search but didn't see an answer that would work for me. My question is that at bootup, NOD32 brings up a box showing 2 files it deems to be something, I forget the exact words, but it does this each time on software I know is not an issue. The only section I see to where files can be excluded from being scanned are via IMON, correct? So during bootup, NOD32 scans startup files if I'm right, where do I go to disable these files from being scanned at bootup, or is this not an option, as I can't find how to do this. Thanks...

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , I have no idea . May be try to exclude them from AMON ... or if they are pottentially unwanted/unsafe application which you do trust , then you can uncheck this . However , if they are something else , you'd better boot in Safe Mode and perform full scan to get rid of them

3. Red Dawn

I added the dll file to AMON & IMON under Exclusions, but I still get the alert " alert was generated during the system startup file check", so adding them in doesn't work for some reason. Also when I do a scan it should not show the dll as a threat since it should be excluded, but it still does... I can't seem to find out to stop this..Thanks for the try though...

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Well I'm not 100% sure but the Scheduler\Scanner task that is accomplishing the System startup file check at User Logon does not have a Edit selection to omit files by file name....only certain files. You do have certain choices to choose from when editing that scheduled item and one might solve your issue but at what expense :doubt:

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried excluding in both long and short name the main executable file for the program in question, in AMON and IMON.

Cheers :D

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What are these files actually? Could you send them to support @ eset.com in an archive protected with the password "infected" along with a link to this thread?

7. Red Dawn

@ Marcos, these are 2 custom dll files created by me to work with our FTP software, so when I get in to work tomorrow, I'll copy and send with the info you requested.

@ Bubba, thanks, I'll try to look into that, see where I get with it

@ Blackspear, thanks again for the head's up, only did short name so I'll try what you suggested and see where I get, thanks again everyone...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.