Disable Email protection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by socialdistortion, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socialdistortion

socialdistortion Registered Member

Disable Email protection & Mem Usage

I don't use any email client. So i do not need the email protection. But when i disable it eset flashes that the computer is not secure and the sys tray icon changes colour. Not that it is a problem but is discerning. Can i completely remove the email protection so that the icon turns green again and change colour only when i have problems.

And Nod32 takes about 50 mb of ram (the two processes). Is it normal?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. tomi

tomi Registered Member

Re: Disable Email protection & Mem Usage

Hi,

1. you can disable POP3 protocol checking in Setup/Antivirus and antispyware/Email client protection/POP3 by unchecking "Enable POP3 protocol checking" option. But in my opinion there is no measurable difference in memory usage when is Email protection enabled or disabled.

2. It is normal. I have 70 (ekrn.exe)+2(egui.exe) at the moment.

3. tisazalay

tisazalay Registered Member

If you want EAV to release the memory, try a RAM defrag tool, but first disable the self protection in EAV (advanced setup)... I usually have it running around 50MB (ekrn), and after a RAM defrag it falls to 1.5MB (or less), but it works the same... but it'll only work with self protection off (remember to reboot after disabling self protection).

I think it's cool that EAV really self protects not even allowing a mem release!
    (but is funny to see how the virus def. libraries shrink that much with a mem defrag/release tool ;) )

tisazalay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.