Disable balloon notifications upon disabling realtime protection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bitivan, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bitivan

bitivan Registered Member

Hi.
    Is there a way to disable annoying every-now-and-then taskbar balloon notifications about "your system is exposed to risk..." because the realtime protection is disabled?
    I really don't want to use NOD32 realtime protection - my needs are only active web protection and on-demand scan but I couldn't find anything in the advanced view that turns this off.
    Specs: NOD32 v6, Windows 7 x64
    Thanks in advance.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

To disable real-time protection permanently, disable automatic real-time protection start in the advanced setup. However, doing so is dangerous as ESET will not protect your computer and threats will not be blocked.

3. bitivan

I have no problem disabling real-time protection, I know how to do it. I just don't know how to avoid balloon warning messages! I don't care how dangerous it is - these messages are obtrusive and they are bothering me in my work all day.

4. reddice

reddice Registered Member

5. bitivan

reddice,
    thanks for the tip!
    I can do it via some tune-up apps... however I'm "just" complaining how ESET changed this balloon tip in version 6 to be every now and then - and you can't do nothing about it. Previous versions could disable it completely or it could just inform you upon first Windows startup. Version 6 however informs me at least 20 times a day and that's so annoying. I'm considering downgrading..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.