Disabeling modules should not give permanent warnings

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by userNamed, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. userNamed

userNamed Registered Member

Hi forum

The ESET icon in the taskbar stays warning-orange when I have disable the spam and the email module. I do not use an email application compatible with these modules, so I see no reason to have them turned on. It frees up just a little bit of system resources.

Non the less, ESET keeps warning me that I am not fully protected.

I think there should be some kind of switch to make ESET realize that as a user, I have made a decision not to use these modules and that I will not be bothered with them in the future.

Looking forward to the final release of ESET SS4! :argh:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This can be achieved by disabling integration with those email clients, however, since you don't use any of the supported clients the antispam/email plugins won't load at all.

3. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

Then I suppose that should be noted within the application, so that the user does not think he/she needs to turn them off to save some (very minor) system memory

4. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

I always thought I saved memory but disabling EMON and DMON in the old version.. Oh well. :)

5. userNamed

userNamed Registered Member

I guess that is how every other program behaves. No wonder we were both mislead. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.