Direct link to Master Boot Record?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Eagletail, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagletail

Eagletail Registered Member

Does anyone have a direct link to the Master Boot Record utility for those of us who are having problems rebooting our hard drives? The Acronis website mentions that is supposed to be http://www.acronis.com/files/support...towrite_en.exe but this just doesn't figure. Can someone help out? Thanks!

Best,
    Mark L

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mark,

I'm not sure what the problem is but the Acronis MBRautowrite file is a self extracting exe file that creates a special bootable floppy disk that you then use to repair the MBR.

Insert a blank floopy disk and run MBRautowrite_en.ex to create the boot floppy. Boot your system from this floppy and choose the option to fix the MBR.

Regards

3. Eagletail

Eagletail Registered Member

Thanks for such a quick reply, Menorcaman! The only thing I'm wondering about now is if the file you mention is in the boxed version of Acronis True Image? The file MBRautowrite is not, in any case, to be found on my computer since I downloaded True Image from the net.

I probably need this utility because of the problems I'm experiencing rebooting my PC - after having created a bootable rescue media (on a DVD). Now I need to use a DVD every time I start my computer! :( I believe that the BMR may do the trick in order to get rid of this problem.

Best,
    Mark

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again Mark,

You just needed to click the embeded link to the "...towrite_en.exe" file in the Acronis Support sticky titled "PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST" to download the required file mbrautowrite file. If you hover over that link you will see that the URL is actually http://www.acronis.com/files/support/mbrautowrite_en.exe (<-- click this link to download the file) rather than the one you transcribed above.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.