Digital Currency Founder: U.S. Indicted Me For Not Giving FBI My Source Code

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Says Arthur Budovsky:

For US citizens, that goes without saying ;)

It's a life-or-death issue. Without that, they're looking at a Snow Crash scenario :eek:

Edit: He will prevail, foo willing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I don't know much about Liberty Reserve but it was a thought provoking read. I have some of the same concerns about BitCoins. I use and love them but like all "privacy" structures, there will be some that use the privacy just for that purpose. Others will abuse the coins with "criminality" and ruin them for the rest of us.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

There are very few activities that are considered criminal everywhere. That's true even for the two major fnords, terrorism and child abuse. Definitions of "child" and "abuse" vary widely in different parts of the world. Were Genghis Khan or George Washington terrorists or freedom fighters? It depends on whom one asks (or, at least, asked at the time). Everyone knows that they have the truth ;)

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.securityweek.com/virtual-currency-founder-extradited-face-us-charges

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.