Difficulty using security utilities.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Cardinal, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardinal

Cardinal Registered Member

I get the following message when I attempt to open any of the myriad anti-virus/spyware/adware etc. type programs that I have installed on my computer.

I have adaware, spywareblaster, spybot, an old ass version of hijack this, cwshredder and a quite a few others installed.

Additionally, I have an about:blank hijack and browser popups (same thing over and over).

I haven't the foggiest idea what I might could run to help get rid of these problems. After reading on this forum for some time, my only conclusion is that I lack the brainpower to read through the search results I have found and apply it meaningfully to my situation.

What steps should I take first?

-Cardinal

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Cardinal,

From the description of your problem, it sounds like you have been infected with some malware and/or have been hijacked. The normal course of action in these cases is to post a HJT log.

I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. However, you will find a link in the Announcement Post to several other sites that still do provide HijackThis log analysis service.

You may also click on the ASAP in my signature and it will take you to the ASAP page that lists sites that accept HijackThis log submissions.

Two of the bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your HijackThis log.

Let us know how things go for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.