Difficulties in trialling VBA32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have repeatedly attempted to obtain a trial key for VBA32. I sent messages to the link indicated on their website, but received no reply. My daughter said I must have done something wrong, so she tried it. She didn't get a reply either.

Therefore, the only trial they offer is cripple-ware. Namely, the "demo" version of VBA has its cure abilities and its heuristics disabled. The inability to test-run the heuristics is bad for at least 2 reasons: (1) VBA's true impact on system resources cannot be determined during the trial, and (2) testing VBA against 0-day is rendered much less meaningful. Perhaps this is one reason why VBA has consistently done so VERY poorly on tests by Shadowserver.

In so many words, VBA's forum explains that this situation is necessary to prevent piracy. However, many other softwares allow trials without such a convoluted procedure, so why can't VBA? Further, why doesn't VBA respond to messages that use their link for requesting trial keys? After many months of inability to get satisfactory answers those questions, I give up on VBA. At least for the foreseeable future.:thumbd:

2. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Bellgamin,

I have emailed them and got the trial key after 8 hours.

3. bellgamin

Good. Folks have repeatedly asked them to provide trial keys in a timely manner. Hopefully the VBA *keepers of the key* have, at last, changed their ways.

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Bellgamin could you please respond to the thread @ the VBA32 forum to help resolve this issue?
    Thanks!
    Dan

Also, it _is_ stated in the thread that they are looking into adding an online(webpage) for the issuance of trial keys ;)

5. bellgamin

Okay, I did so.

I hope so. VBA is a very good AV. Moreover, it is rapidly & consistently improving. IMO, VBA deserves better marketing procedures.

6. dan_maran

Thank you!
    I have responded again. :)

It does and we are beginning to see one now, most of the time. Your email could have been wiped out by solar flares? :p

7. dan_maran

If anyone else is having similar issues to our friend Bellgamin, please post in the VBA32 forums as there is an ongoing thread on this topic.
    Thank you!

8. saicat

saicat Registered Member

We try to answer all trial key requests. It can be that we did not receive the mails from bellgamin at all. It happens sometimes. Sorry about it :doubt:

For all wilder's visitors who want to test VBA32 without any restriction:
    here is an activation key for personal version (download link) for 30 days:

5DEWV-2VUF0-A8MLH-Y7ZDS

Don't wait, the code is valid only for the first 10 users! :argh:
    I will post such codes from time to time at Wilder's for those who has difficulties in getting a VBA32 trial key.

Virusblokada always wanted to be user-friendly AV vendor :cool:

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

good idea,

and welcome aboard ;)

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Also it maybe a good idea, in the future, to post these activation keys on the main Web-site and on the VBA32 Forum?

11. dan_maran

Good idea Andy ;)

If a key is still needed outside of this forum or it is used 10 times please feel free to post in the vba32 forums and someone will be able to assist you in a timely fashion. <hint>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.