Difficult to completely uninstall v. 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bill U, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill U

Bill U Registered Member

TI 9.0 is amazing persistent.
    I did the manual uninstall directions, link is below. Then I searched through the registry for references to TrueImage and Acronis. There I deleted about 20 more values. Then I found two more files in the \windows\system32\drivers directory (tifsfilt.sys and timntr.sys) to be deleted. Then I reinstalled TI 8.0. The application worked fine.
    Interestingly when I decided to try TI 9.2323, I used add/remove programs to uninstall v. 8.0. Then, when I reinstalled and started TI 9.2323 after all of this, it still showed the list of two scheduled tasks that I had from my previous TI 9.0 installation. That is persistent

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=376168&postcount=13

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bill U,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

The point is that you most likely have not deleted C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts folder Acronis True Image 9.0 scheduled tasks script files reside in.

Please let me know if that's not the case.

Please also let me know the reason you decided to uninstall Acronis True Image 9.0 manually for.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.