Differential BkUp issue - Paragon - B&R 10 - Free Edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by arcane, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcane

arcane Registered Member

Last week, I was able to successfully create a differential backup for a complete backup I performed previously.

Today, I am unable to create another differential backup. I encountered similar problems when I initially attempted to create the base backup, however, got past them with I enabled the MS Shodow Copy service.

Today, while I've been unable to create a new differential backup I have:
    Verified that MS Shadow Copy service is started.
    I have followed the process of selecting the existing base archive then "Differential Backup", navigated to the File view, selected the *.PBF file in the base backup archive, proceeded to identify where to create the new differential archive and applied my changes.

I then see the screen where the archive creation process is displayed, it successfully locates the original archive and states the new differential archive is in process.

I can navigate (via explorer) to the differential archive destination folder, and see that a differential *.PBF has been created.

Progress never occurs in the status window, and the differential *.PBF is never populated. The progress remains at 0%, though the "gears" are turning.
    I never see the message that the shadow copy is invoked, nor do I end up with an archive. The only step that gets me out of the "progress" screen is the kill Paragon B&R. I'm sure this must be user error - so please help.

I need to update my backup before my IT department takes my laptop back and wipes the drive (standard procedure).

Help?

Thank you
    -Andrew

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If you're encountering issues with VSS, i would suggest running the backup from the recovery cd environment.

Tools > recovery media builder, and burn a Typical cd.

Boot to the CD and complete the differential backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.