Differential backup of disk image?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Piko71, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

I did the disk image with Paragon Drive Backup from the USB stick.
    Then I booted in Windows XP and verified image with Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Personal OK.

In the next step I start up Differential Backup Wizard and it shows in the Archive Content my disk image. When I click Next it shows error message: The Wizard did not find any objects that can be used to make a differential backup.

Is it impossible to make differential backup of disk image or I do something wrong?
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It seems not to recognize the original ( base) archive as relating to the same partition you are trying to make a differential of.

Have you changed the partitions in any way?
  3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Like SIW2 mentioned, Paragon's not recognizing the current disk and the archive as compatible images. Couple of things might've cause this: the partition tables were changed or your disks are encrypted.
  4. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Well, I didn't changed the partition, but I wonder if we talk the same thing.
    I made the image of the disc with only one partition on it.
    It is the disk with Windows XP on it so I did the image from the recovery USB memory.
    I tried to do differential backup after I booted from the disk I did the image of. I started Disk Backup v.9 from the very same disc.

Should it be possible?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.