Differential backup of disk image?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Piko71, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

I did the disk image with Paragon Drive Backup from the USB stick.
    Then I booted in Windows XP and verified image with Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Personal OK.

In the next step I start up Differential Backup Wizard and it shows in the Archive Content my disk image. When I click Next it shows error message: The Wizard did not find any objects that can be used to make a differential backup.

Is it impossible to make differential backup of disk image or I do something wrong?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It seems not to recognize the original ( base) archive as relating to the same partition you are trying to make a differential of.

Have you changed the partitions in any way?

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Like SIW2 mentioned, Paragon's not recognizing the current disk and the archive as compatible images. Couple of things might've cause this: the partition tables were changed or your disks are encrypted.

4. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Well, I didn't changed the partition, but I wonder if we talk the same thing.
    I made the image of the disc with only one partition on it.
    It is the disk with Windows XP on it so I did the image from the recovery USB memory.
    I tried to do differential backup after I booted from the disk I did the image of. I started Disk Backup v.9 from the very same disc.

Should it be possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.