Different version of plug in for BartPE?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jelenko, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jelenko

jelenko Registered Member

Are there different versions of the Acronis TI plug in for each version of TI? I.e., one plug in for TI 8, another for TI 9, so on?

Also, I used the TI 8 plugin from Acronis site - worked without Acronis being installed. I assume that's because Acronis did something to the plugin so it would run without needing Acronis to be installed? [This is a format up install - it's never seen Acronis installed - no chance there's a registry value left from a previous install].

PS. I've been struggling with Acronis and a 965P motherboard. BartPE seems to have solved those problems. That said, this is very 'flaky' - i.e., there isn't a way to use TI directly. The 965 motherboards have been out way too long for Acronis to not be supporting them.
    What's worse, is Acronis' approach seems to be that to get new hardware support you have to buy a version upgrade.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes there are different plugins for each version at Mustang's BartPE Plugins.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jelenko,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, the Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE is different from version to version.

As you mentioned owners of versions 8 of Acronis True Image are able to download plug-in for BartPE for free from Acronis web site.

Starting from version 9 Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE is included into installation package. To install the plug-in you should select ether "Custom" or "Complete" installation. The plug-in files will be placed to the installation folder along with other program files.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Aleksandr,

Please keep in mind the Acronis supplied BartPE plugins for all versions of TI9 build 3854 and Workstation build 3886 do not work. That's why I have put a patch on my website to repair them.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mustang,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Would like to let you know that I have forwarded this information to our Development Team.

As you noted in one of your previous posts these files "MSVCP71.DLL" and "MSVCR71.DLL" could be copied from \WINDOWS\system32 folder to \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE\Files\Drivers folder prior to creation of the BartPE CD (bold part of the path depends on the Acronis True Image version you uses).

Thank you again for your cooperation.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Aleksandr,

You also need to add the following two lines to the [SourceDisksFiles] section of the acronis.inf file:

Code:
    files\Drivers\msvcr71.dll=2,,1 
    files\Drivers\msvcp71.dll=2,,1 

7. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Where is this file to be found?

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Both files should be in the Windows\system32 subdirectory.

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I think bobdat may be talking about the acronis.inf file. In which case, its in the C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BarPE\ folder

Regards

10. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Yes, that's what I meant. I did a full install of v3677 but found no acronis.inf file (XP Pro). I found a file entitled Acronis (setup info). That must be it.

Although v3677 works fine on my BartPE disk without the hack, v3854 doesn't. I'll try the hack for that version of the plugin.

Thanks.

11. Menorcaman

Hmm, the acronis.inf file is definitely in my Acronis\TrueImageHome\BarPE sub-folder. o_O

acronis inf.jpg

I note you said you did a "full" install. However, I'm pretty sure you need to opt for the "Custom" install in order to pick up the BartPE plugin.

Regards

12. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Actually, I did what v3677 offers as a "complete" install which installs the BartPE subfolder. Mine is organized differently from yours, though:

After the v3677 installation & restart, there are only four items in the BartPE Folder :

Files folder - (Contains the Drivers folder; bootmenu; bootwiz; f11; kernel; mouse; ramdisk; timounter.dll; TrueImage plugin files).
    acronis_nu2menu (XML Document 1KB)
    acronis (HTML Document 2KB) (That's an Explorer favorite/menu item)
    acronis (setup information 2KB) (That's the ".inf" file referred to)

When I open the acronis (setup) file, it's definitely the right file. I wonder why yours displays differently. I'm using Windows XP Pro. Are you using a different OS?

13. mustang

mustang Developer

You will need to change the folder options to not hide file extensions.

Attached Files:

14. Menorcaman

Good catch Mustang. :thumb:

I tend to forget that not everyone has set their Windows Explorer Folder Options to
    show hidden files and folders and not to hide extensions for known files types and protected operating system files.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.