Different File types .

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by badger, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badger

badger Registered Member

I have an ext. HDD (H). I have 2 internal HDD's (C and F).
    When I make an image of C drive onto H all is well. The file type is shown as "True Image Backup Archive".
    When I make an image of F drive the file type is shown as "File" and I get an "Open with" icon which opens the "Open with window" I can click on Acronis and it opens,but the "Always use this prog....." is greyed out.
    Can anyone exlpain what is happeding and why. Am I doing something wrong, Also is the backup ok? Thanks J

2. badger

badger Registered Member

Further to what I have stated above I would also like to point out that I cannot verify the Image integrity of this F Drive image. It is not listed in the "Image archive selection" So I am assuming that the image is not ok. I have tried several time to create this image and get the same result. Can anyone help me please. I can get round this by creating the image onto C drive and then moving it onto H. This takes twice as long and I shoud not have to do it that way. J

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, badger

Have you tried giving the file a tib extension ie from myfile to myfile.tib, and see if you can then verify it.
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. badger

badger Registered Member

The Quest Thank you very much for your help. I did as you suggested. and it worked.I did not have to do anything like that when I made the first image of C Drive. Anyway, it worked and I can now verify it. Thanks a lot,your help is very much appreciated. J

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Badger

Glad to be of some help, and thank you for reporting back to how you got on.

I have had it happen a few times and that is all I could think of as the .tib exe was missing on mind also.

If it happen from your Bootdisk at anytime just tell it to show all files and all should be OK.

Happy Ti ing to you J

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.