Differences between Windows XP and 7 System Restore?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Konata Izumi, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Are there any differences?

Does Windows 7 System Restore works like Rollback Rx / Comodo Time Machine?

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Firstly, Windows Vista/7 System Restore is different and is better than Windows XP...all the info you need is here:

The Complete Guide to Windows System Restore (It's Better than You Remember)

Don't disable your System Restore next time...despite what others tell you to. The only exception is when you have a backup image of your system or you're running a rollback/snapshot software like Comodo Time Machine or Rollback RX.

The difference between those 2 (and other similar programs) lies in that rollback/snapshot software goes even deeper....it loads even before Windows start. I'm not good with words over such technical details (you can search around the forum - there have been people who have posted excellent description on how it works)

Source: Securing your PC and Data

Check the Official LeapFrog Software Forum for good further reading..

For simple understanding: see here:
    http://www.horizondatasys.com/217802.ihtml

I've never used Rollback RX before but I'm just starting to use Comodo Time Machine. Take note to disable System Restore and NOT to defragment the protection partition when using such programs. I'll leave it to the others to explain in further details if need be....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.