difference bewteen trial version and full

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Hurricanetracker, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

And some other questions ( pertaining to the full version ) :

- What happens after the 30-day trial expires ?? Does TDS become completely useles ??

- What EXTRA features are present in the fully purchased version? Opposed to the demo or trial version .

- I have two computers in my home , do I need to purchase two licenses -one for each ) to install TDS on these ??

- in the trial version it says I need to download latest signatures even though I installed the very latest version from the site , is this a DEMO/trial thing ??

I have loads of stuff running in my systray ( going to list this in a se ) , is anything known about any conflicts between TDS and these apps ??

- Kerio personal firewall
    - MS Anti Spyware
    -Spybot S&D
    - Spyguard
    -Spywareblaster
    -AVG 7 PRO

The only thing missing seems to be a good anti trojan program and this seems to be the works - but I'd like the questions answered prior to deciding whether or not to purchase .Also : Does TDS work with a yearly sunscription fee ( or will the new TDS 4 ) or is the purchasing pricce "all-in "

Like this forum, by the way .

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Hurricantracker,

Welcome to Wilders!

To answer your questions, check out the post here by FanJ to answer some of your questions.

On signatures - they are constantly being updated, it's best to verify the one's you're working with are current.

TDS-3 licenses are for a single PC. Yep, as you thought, two PCs need two licenses.

I only run some of the apps that you list, however I don't recall conflicts with any program listed - or systematic issues with any application period.

Whoops - missed you last question - right now TDS is not subscription, and I am unsure whether future positioning (one time vs subscription) has been finalized yet.

Blue

3. Hurricanetracker

Thanks , Blue

Decide to purchase anyway - a good anti trojan program is pretty much vital these days ( although antivirus programs claim to protect against trojans this is NOT the case in my experience ) .

I purchased the one system-license ( I can always decide to purchase an extra license later on anyway - or my brother , it's for his system :) )

As for the subscription vs. one time -purchase - I think everyone prefers the latter ( even if it means you have to pay a bit extra ) . I find those one year subscription schemes to be tedious at best . BUt we will probably find out when version 4 appears .

One more thing : I discovered a small glitch . When you alter something in settings , TDS says it needs to reload . I'm getting a non-responsive console at unload though . Is this a know issue ??

I have to click "end program now " to get rid of it and restart manually .

small issue though.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'm sure you'll soon discover that you now own the definitive "industrial strength" AT - it's a very nice diagnostic package in addition to the AT functionality.

On the glitch - if I replicate what you're doing, say by a random change of any of the item in the Configuration dialog box, I obtain a proper unloading and restart of TDS-3 without issue. Not sure why you're seeing different behavior.

Blue

5. Hurricanetracker

Forgot to mention REGRUN suite gold in my list of installed applications - a fantastic program as well . I recently began installing all kinds of "security-related " software due to a very vicious VX2 -infection . I don't care what anyone says : that malware behaves like a virus or trojan - altering system settings , attaching dll's to vital system-components etc. - in short : that's not spyware - it's a virus .Got rid of it in the end ( safe one particular DLL which is just sitting there and not doing anything as far as I can tell ) , but it appraised me of the fact you simply can't have "too much "protection when you have a DSL- connection and are online all the time .

You can see the entire thread on VX2 - problem here . I have appraised botht the folks at REGRUN ( Greatis ) and the folks making wintasks pro of this particular dll's danger and regrun has it in its database now-listed as dangerous .

http://computercops.biz/postt95672.html

Several folks on security forums are studying this as it could be a new variant of VX2 which is far more persistent . As I understand it TDS recognizes VX2 and all known variations on it ( in effect classifying it as a trojan ) ?? Well: this could be a new variation on the VX2 theme :)

6. Hurricanetracker

seems it could be afalse alarm though . Latest info is suggesting this file is part of Directory Opus ( a windows explorer replacement)

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi HurricaneTracker,
    I can see two more tools that would help you. ProcessGuard will protect your processes, prevent .dll injection and not allow changed or new executables to run + lots more: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/
    Then add Port Explorer to monitor exactly what is being sent and received on your machine:
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/

HTH Pilli :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.