Difference Between "Incremental Backup" and "Incremental File Backup" + Some Errors.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by an2tex, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

I can not make an incremental backup - it says:

"You've Already Created An Increment To A Specified Archive. The Program Enables To Create An Increment Only To The Latest Archive In A Backup Chain. Please Choose The Latest Increment To Accomplish The Operation."

But I did not create an increment - how can I delete the record that points I created an incremental archive?

But ... It allows me to create an "Incremental File Backup" . Would this create any problem when I restore to a formatted Partition.

And - in an external drive, when I try to backup with an incremental, it says: "The wizard did not find any objects that can be used to make a differential backup"

I learnt that this is because I repartitioned the drive. But is there any way to make incremental backup with a repartitioned drive? It is not so good to have some limitation although it might have some technical reasons. Why would I limit myself to a partition structure? What if I have a larger HDD and resize my partitions to a larger size?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

In that case, you won't be able to add an inceremental to a base image of what was in effect a different partition.

You would have to do a full image after a change like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.