Didnt uninstall trial before installing full version. Problems?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Darrin, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gueri

gueri Registered Member

Hello again Blackspeare, and...

oooppppsssssss, reading now your 'sticky' about the new version, see that such update shows in your snapshots as:

NOD 32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Base version: 2.050.25
    NOD 32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Internet support version: 2.050.25
    NOD 32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Standard component version: 2.050.25

File size: 4.1 MB

In other words as per above, such version 2.5, was not meant for Windows 98, (I accepted the upgrade in a rush, without reading the message properly, and did suffer during the half an hour or so that it took to download, thinking I would crash my system again if indeed conflicted with my operating system), and yet it works OK now :) .

For one thing the main file I downloaded was not "u1a.eset.com", but "u7.eset.com" and its size was about twice as big as that one. Also I did notice that one of the files being downloaded was "98ntbaseen.nup" as distinct of "ntbaseen.nup", (what at the time gave me some relief)

So there must be a 2.5 version for Windows 98. Yes?

cheers

gueri

PS Do notice now, that some of those banners mentioned in my previous message occur punctually every time I open a new thread or I send a new message. Seems like a sort of 'board control', but also saw some of them uploading viruai signatures, particularly several 'phishings'.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Nod32 will update what is loaded on your PC, as in, Nod32 for XP will be upgraded with XP updates, and Nod32 for 98/Me will be upgraded with 98/Me updates.

These are the update Servers where Nod32 downloads from.

As expected with a Windows 98 machine ;) :D

Correct. You would have downloaded the Windows 98 version at the library.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing please.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  3. gueri

gueri Registered Member

Hello again,
    Wished I could introduce snapshots. Reading the help for 'vB code', on images, I can hardly follow the directions there, to introduce images.

Changed my options from 'standard editor' to 'enhanced interface' (full wysiwyg), but the 'introduce picture' facility works in a way that is new to me.

Since the window that opens to embed the image is, by default, the path of a url, and since the image I need to embed lies not on a web but on my hard disk, I cannot find the way to do it.

On "attachments" under 'Miscellaneous' doesn't explain how to do it, but only shows the screen of those one has introduced already. Mine is blank.

Anyhow, even if I could, these banners cannot be 'snapshoot' since they only last for a few fleeting seconds to dissapear again. They show, tipically, during the time that the file itself takes to be executed and then go away.

For example, every time I login the forum now, the banner shows the following file bein open: "index.php", but it only lasts for some seconds, whilst the new page open, and then closes back.

When I go to the Control Panel it pops up again the "index.php" banner, same behaviour, staying open whilst the file -about 150 KB- executes and then the page opens, and same thing when I leave CP to go back to the forum screen.

'Forumdisplay.php', is the filename it shows on opening the NOD 32 version 2 forum. 'Readthread.php' on opening a thread, etc.

But yesterday I felt clearly at some times that what it was 'executing' was unrelated to my activity at that moment, and the name of some of the files readible during those fleeting seconds was related to 'phishings' and thought to myself that perhaps a new signature of a 'phishing' was being uploaded/updated.

On another thing, wondered whether you could confirm that one can, only, attach images hang on a web page, or whether it can be done directly from one's hard disk. And in this case, how do you do it?

cheers

gueri

4. Blackspear

It can be done, and fairly easily as well when you know how, we’ll see what can be done to stear you onto the right path…

It can be done by linking to a website and/or by drawing an image from your Hard Drive.

Try this link for starters.

As this is the “Nod32 Support Forum” you will need to start a new thread or continue with the link quoted…

5. gueri

gueri Registered Member

Of course it can!

Had missed the "Manage Attachments' at the botton of this page

cheers

gueri

Attached Files:

6. Blackspear

OK, what you are seeing is IMON scanning web pages as you click on them.

Are your settings the same as my screenshot?

Attached Files:

7. gueri

gueri Registered Member

I thought they were!

I spent some time following your sticky Extra settings for Nod32 v2.5 - revised 17-06-2005 and believed that I had configured mine as per it, to realize now that it's no difficult to make mistakes.

This is how it was, but I have I checked now the button "Display warning window with action selection" instead of "Automatically deny download of file"

cheers

gueri

BTW where do you get those nice red pointing arrows from?

Attached Files:

8. Blackspear

Good to see you have it resolved.
    I use SnagIt

9. gueri

gueri Registered Member

Hi BlackSpear,
    Now, being a slow learner, I seem to have 'too many questions', but if such 'banners' where caused by IMON in its control of e-mail, I did notice that they appear also out of e-mail.

For instance, upon launching the browser one of them always pops up. Have 'snapshoot' a few of them.

The one about the dll's came up while on 'amigosdeljuegon' a social page in groups.msn.com which I enter frequently. While downloadind a particular message with large images, that dll fetching poped up and stood untill all the image was downloaded. The others pop up in hotmail

I'm quite happy with them, only thing is I don't quite understand them as yet

Wish you a happy and invigorating week end,

cheers

gueri

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.