Did the browser wars finally end in 2014?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Dec 19, 2014.

1. guest

guest Guest

I myself have never been a fan of Opera, but I honestly prefer the old Presto Opera. After I tried the Chrome clone Opera 64-bit, I had come to a conclusion that it is just plain stupid. Bookmarks can't be imported natively and the workaround didn't work on 64-bit. I have no idea if the issue has been addressed now, not keeping my eyes on it.

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Surely. Everyone has different taste. Opera Chromium is improving with every new release. As regards the bookmarks they have been improved and you can natively import them now. One but not so well-known smart thing is that you can simply copy/past the entire user profile to another Opera installation. So for instance if you're moving from an old to new PC (what has been my case recently), it's a easy job.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Actually, after checking the latest Chrome version, I think the Opera team really did a bad job. If you make a clone, then at least try to outshine the original one. Chrome has a more smooth bookmarking system, and also has a "permissions per page" system.

And during browsing, Opera 26 is constantly starting up the "Opera Crash Reporter" tool, for no good reason, making it very sluggish on my system. The Opera team should be ashamed, did they let Presto die for this crap?

4. guest

guest Guest

That is good to know then. :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.