Did I get attacked today? Am I safe?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I looked in the threat log today and saw the following:

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
    12/29/2006 6:49:50 AM AMON file C:\WINDOWS\system32\wextract.exe Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NDN trojan error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object GMPASSOCIATES\Owner Event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe.
    12/29/2006 6:48:36 AM AMON file C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wextract.exe Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NDN trojan error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object GMPASSOCIATES\Owner Event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe.
    12/29/2006 6:47:24 AM AMON file C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\wextract.exe Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NDN trojan error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object GMPASSOCIATES\Owner Event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe.
    12/29/2006 6:41:30 AM AMON file C:\Program Files\Windows Media Connect\Redist\wmfdist95.exe Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NDN trojan error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object GMPASSOCIATES\Owner Event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe.
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ejr !

Here is a current discussion about a possible false positive about the same trojan

I would suggest you configure as per Blackspear's tutorial , make sure NOD32 will make a copy to the Quarantine and then perform full Scan & Clean from Control Center -> NOD32 -> Run NOD32 :thumb:
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sorry , erj !

It was definitely a false positive . It is now fixed :)
  4. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi all,

Yes a big FP fixed by 1946
    Detected bitdefender 8 installer as Win32/TrojanDropper.Agent.NDN too

MaB69
  5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Indeed and We will continue the discussion there with any further questions.

Nod32 & wextract.exe

Bubba
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.