Did I create the bootable disk correctly?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ebass81, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebass81

ebass81 Registered Member

Hello,
    I elected to create a bootable rescue media through acronis. Due to some cdrw errors, I ended up creating the backup cd in safemode.
    It is possible that I did it incorrectly. The burning process lasted only for a minute and afterwards it asked me to reboot windows with the cd. Why would I do that?
    I restarted my pc without the disc in the drive. Then I inserted the cd to see only 12 mb worth of data. Can this program compile 25-30 gigs into 12mb? There was a single folder labeled "Recovery Manager", and inside this folder there were 2 applications, named "bootmenu" and "mouse", a system file "bootwiz", a CFG file "f11.cfg", two DAT files "kernel" and "ramdisk", and a RUN file named "splash run".
    Does this sound right? Thanks for the help.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You are unclear on the concept. The CD is a standalone version of TI that you can boot up to create or restore an image of your system (the 25-30G) stored elsewhere. The standalone version runs under linux not windows but hopefully that will be invisible to you.

The only way to know if your CD was properly written is to boot your PC from it and see if you can create an image with it and restore an image with it. If you don't want to actually do a restore you can go through the steps and not hit the final Proceed button. You can also verify previously created images with it as an additional test.

3. ebass81

ebass81 Registered Member

thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.