Did Google change its page?

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by ruggyapple, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruggyapple

ruggyapple Registered Member

if they didn't then it must be the spywares in my PC. Normally after you click "search" it would give you a list of all the results. But lately, it kept giving me a list of other searching engines or sometimes the first page would be totally irrelevant. Would this possibly result from all the spywares in my PC? If so how do I get rid of them? Please help me. Thank a million.

2. sspears

sspears Spyware Fighter

Shadowwar has a fix for this one. :D

Hmm ok lets take care of the search hijacker.

Copy the contents of the quote box to notepad:
    Hit save as
    save as filename:
    clear.reg
    under the filename set to all types.
    save it to the desktop.
    Close all IE's
    double click the clear.reg
    when asked to merge say yes.

Then go and delete this file:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdhmd.dll
    If it won't delete than reboot and delete it.

Next, let's make sure there is nothing else lurking:

Could you download HijackThis, extract it from the zip file into it's own directory like c:\program files\hijackthis\hijackthis.exe. This way you will be able to restore backups if anything goes wrong. If you run it from the zip file you will not be able to restore.

Scan your computer. When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All, Ctrl-C to copy and come back to this thread and press Ctrl-V to paste the contents.

Don't fix anything yet as most of what it lists will be harmless.

http://tools.radiosplace.com/hijackthis.zip

3. ruggyapple

ruggyapple Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I ve been using Spybot S&D and Ad-adware for about 2 weeks. Obviously they didn't fix the problem with Google. Now can I follow your instruction with using Spybot? Will it work the same as Hijack this or it would be better to install Hijack this?

Also, another question: I can never get rid of these two guys by using Spybot: cleverIEhooker.jeired and DSO exploited. What are they and how to destroy them? I feel like an idiot. Thank you for helping me.

4. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

post a hijackthis log and we'll see what else is there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.