[DiamondCS Update] TDS v3.2.1 released, and more..

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Re: [DiamondCS Update] TDS v3.2.1 released, and mo

Hi everyone,

We don't have a refund policy per se - as NSClean have with BOClean (no trial available). There could be cause for refund if the program doesn't work, of course this is why there is a trial version available. There are very small differences in the trial version, we have to have something disabled and Execution Protection is a feature which is well suited.. why ?

With Execution Protection enabled any file execution will be intercepted, and the file scanned by TDS. If there is a trojan found, it will not be allowed to execute at all, preventing infection.

Scripting limitations are also present, you can get full details on the registration page of the help file, note that TDS-3 is updated daily and will not expire. You are also given a full licence to TDS-4 when released later this year, some nice new technology will be included :)

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Re: [DiamondCS Update] TDS v3.2.1 released, and mo

If it comes to AT I would always suggest to shop around and try out what is possible, and in the meantime DCS might come with a press the button product as well.
    So do take your time. And most certainly look in near future to the v4 and possible new products.

Even though the TDS can be used as a press the button product this moment as it is, it has a very spectacular way of scanning thoroughly with quite different engines and one of the largest databases of references, which is updated on a daily basis.
    Besides that, you get lots of tools and options to look deeper into the files individually, through your whole system.
    Of course I like to know what kind of traffic is exchanged so I can look inside the packets streams and change them inside if necessary, not to mention the many network tools and ways to react on possible intrusions and other networking abilities as you discovered yourself.
    Besides that, the possibilities to add our own scripts, among which are some real gems written by users via the private forum.
    Further the life long upgrading is a circumstance which should not be overlooked, as lots of companies in the security world ask a yearly renewal of the license with paying a certain amount.

In the trial version are a few things disabled, but further the software is fully functional so one can get a good impression.
    You can even update the references to have the latest database to scan with.
    The exec protection is an extra hook, to which each executable is tested for possible nasties and which hook will block them from running.
    I hardly noticed any difference with that on but I know I’m now extra protected. You might notice a few milliseconds of delay in starting a program, but for me that was no reason to disable exec protection at any moment.
    Further you might not be able to run certain scripts of over 5k.

I'm happy to have WormGuard beside it, btw, would not like to be without but that is described in the WormGuard threads.

The money back part I don't know about, maybe this was from the time there was no trial version but only the full versions; it never was a problem for me and I never asked as I was happy a couple of years ago with it and still am.
    I think if ever a couple of products would be created with all those over 50 functions included the total price would be a manifold while I doubt if the quality would be of this same level if they would come from other companies.

For me the support is also a very important matter, for which DCS is famous. Now with the registered operators only private forum and this one official public forum beside the email support on personal basis in a friendly way and with all patience in a way we can understand and is made sure the solutions work for us, etc.  

I agree people might be confused at the first impressions of TDS, but you'll learn to work and play with it and love the product for the many abilities and you might ask for more; don't be surprised if your own wish list might be involved after a while where possible, either in the main software or with scripts.

EDITED:
    Hi Gavin, had not seen you writing in the meantime, as that part above took some while :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.