DiamondCS - In Jeopardy ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by boleyd, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Sorry to spoil the party here but a few garbage replies have been removed - I think all the posters know just why.

2. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

Yes, there has been a lot of hysterical ravings going on with this thread, most if not all unwarrented. To keep going on that DCS is about to go under based on what happened to one line of software over a year ago, and their failure to update their website is at the very least building a rather large mountain out of a pretty small mole hill. The past 12 months has seen updates to Port Explorer and Process Gaurd, the latter being updated several times the last being only a very few weeks ago, hardly I suggest the actions of a company who have thrown in the towel. We all hated what happened to TDS but it's time to let it go, the web site hasn't been updated, OK, Wayne says that's happening now, we'll see in time. What I want, and I suspect most people who come to this forum, is good reliable security software and DCS delivers in spades, I hope their new range is as good as their current products and I'm sure it will be. I would rather wait till they had things working properly than have them release stuff early just to keep a few people off their backs.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I am concerned about the almost complete lack of support recently - not the website or TDS_3 . Support for EXISTING products comes FIRST or should. The picture we get though with DiamondCS since Jason left and Gavin became part time is that research and development are the gods. I am not interested in new products from DiamondCS. I am interested in having the the product I use work properly and in getting proper support. More than that, I am interested in seeing those who beg here for help helped! I think I pissed off DiamondCS so that is ok but that doesn't mean everyone else should not get help. Wayne should have spent his time doing some support here instead of making more vague promises. He told us last Christmas that all these great new products were being introduced any minute...It is now August and no sign of them. Maybe they proved harder than expected to develop. OK. But how does that explain the lack of support?

I really like PG but I have little patience for companies that screw up on support. Support is the most important element of all...more important than the application actually because without excellent support you got nothing. This is especially true when the product has a new version that has become another new version, the another new version, etc. and still has problems. A wise software company doesn't introduce a new version of a product and then disappear supportwise and that is what has happened here.

If I was someone looking to get PG presently, no matter how great it is (was?), I would run the other direction as fast as possible and look for a similar program that maybe isn't quite as good, or has elements I don't particularly like, but does have excellent support. That is my rule for any application that isn't free and even free ones need reasonable support or I don't bother with them.

4. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I have Process Guard 3.4, and have just been to the Members' Section of the DiamondCS web site hoping to download the apparently later version. After downloading it I find that the file is one earlier than 3.4 - not a way to win friends and influence people is it!

Incidentally I signed up for e-mailed newsletters from DiamondCS a few years ago and have yet to receive one.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

"DiamondCS - In Jeopardy ?"

As the thread starters question has been answered here by a DiamondCS rep....We'll bring this thread to a close and move on to assisting each other with our ProcessGuard issues.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.