DiamondCS - In Jeopardy ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by boleyd, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boleyd

boleyd Registered Member

The lack of response to queries and the static nature of the web site creates the impression that DiamondCS may discontinue operations. These little groups create some very good software (free & pay). However, they are quite fragile and depend upon the good health, social stability, and financial factors affecting the members of the group.

The product is sufficiently mature to survive. However, you better copy it to a CD/DVD since the web site can evaporate quite quickly.

Dick

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´m also not sure if this company will survive on the long run, I mean PG, Port Explorer and some of the freeware apps are still great tools of course, but the main products (PG, PE, WG) have not been improved a lot the last couple of months. I mean look at all the requests, not a lot are making it into the products, it seems. :rolleyes:

3. controler

controler Guest

No one is sure what is going on or if they do know, are not saying.

Maybe another company is in process of buying them. There seems to be alot of that going on lately.

con

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

I can confirm that's not the case, we're just extremely busy in R&D - lots, and lots of R&D. You may have noticed quite a few releases of ProcessGuard recently, but what you haven't seen is everything else we're working on, and the R has definately paid off with the D full steam ahead. :)

Absolutely correct!

The new website is just around the corner - it's mostly finished and just needs the new members area and license server tied in with it now which is what I'm currently working on but that's not as simple as it sounds, and as a consequence the current website hasn't been updated very often as that time has been spent on developing the new site. When that's launched you'll be able to access a lot of new tools immediately that are already ready, but we also have several brand new programs just around the corner, including two that are just about ready for release and will become available not long after the new site is up.

Thanks for everyone's patience in the meantime, we're excited about getting both the new website and all these new programs available and it'll be something of a mini-flood of releases when we do. In the meantime why not try the latest release of ProcessGuard? :)

Best regards,
    Wayne

5. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

yep it's the end.

=\

6. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Thanks for the update Wayne.

We may complain a lot, but it's because we missed you guys. :D

7. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

Oh! Ye of little faith :D

8. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

And how is that?

9. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I think he's being facetious, or at least I hope that's what it is.
    Can't wait to see what the new offerings from you guys at DCS are, any hints Wayne, to get us all excited. We've all been waiting very patiently, well some of have, since TDS went down and you mentioned then you had some interesting stuff on the horizon. Boy that was just over a year ago now, if you can come up with something that will slow down the passing of time you'll be on a winner :)

10. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

The D in this case presumably is not referring to Documentation... ;)

11. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Nice to see Wayne replying within 24 hours. I await the, restyled website, improvements in existing products and new products with eager anticipation

What concerns me is the infamous phrase > just around the corner < used several times. I hope this time everything promised will materialise on time or thereabouts. Otherwise please don't lead people on with false hopes, no matter how well intentioned they may be when made. This only serves to create further bad feeling and mistrust, which you can ill afford to make

I also sincerely hope some serious lessons have been learnt through all of the recent past and will not be repeated in any way

Having said that, i do wish you every success and hope that things will turn around, and you can have a fresh start rebuilding peoples confidence in you and your products. Everybody makes mistakes in life, and public ones are there for all to see. But taking responsibility for them, learning from them and ensuring they are not repeated, are all hallmarks of a good character

12. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Wayne,

That's great news!But how does this help me? In the here and now? I can't upgrade your software from version 3.150.They just don't work!(beta,or final 3.4)And I am not the only one having this problem.Funny how you did not answer any PG error questions people have been asking about? (I know your too busy at the moment,but come on..)

So the million dollar question is when will this problem be worked on or fixed? o_O

In a few months it will be one year! And no sign of any answer or clue about these PG errors. How do I go around fixing these errors please?
    I did follow the step-by-step guide and still nothing doing.

I have uninstalled every program at start-up and still I can't upgrade beyond v3.150.

So if it not a driver conflict what is it please? Fair question I think?,but seems these questions are never answered.:doubt:

PG v3.150 works great!But upgrading is no longer a joke,it more like a bad virus,read my PG error thread if you care to know all the errors I am getting.And the aftermath of installing your software is more like my computer has been nuked!Please when your done fixing your new website will you help me please? Thanks for your time.;)
    KuSh

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  13. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

azumi21 is probably right. It's all over. As one respected member of dslreports said in the thread over there "if I was a betting man, I bet on the latter" - "latter" being that DiamondCS is finished with the former being just what Wayne posted.

We've been promised all this many times over now. I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime, Wayne, what is the justification for ignoring support of users in this forum begging for help? If you want to ignore me (which you have) that's ok ...I guess my posts rub you the wrong way...but I really dislike seeing all these other folks asking for help and no help is forthcoming.

As I've said before here, I hope you prove me wrong but your post did nothing to alleviate my worries.

14. boleyd

boleyd Registered Member

Perhaps the lesson to be learned is that customer service preceeds everything in terms of the business function. To place technical advancement (R&D) before the needs of current customers is folly. Many of those who are ignored may not purchase the new product, or through the Internet describe their experiences. Thus by not investing time in servicing existing customers the Company fails to meet its expectations on new products sales.

To many little companies fail because it is "more fun" tinkering than supporting !!

Dick near 5G8

15. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Are you kidding me? I keep my version 3.15 (wich working well) until you resolved the numerous issue reported on this forums and for wich you didn't gave any support...

Best regards,
    Atomas31

16. shaunwang

shaunwang Registered Member

Please understand Wayne like this at least he shows us he is reading but had no time to review one by one. The problem will soon be solve once everything is up nicely you see creating a nice website is not easy. One take take the mass, attract the mass, and handle the mass of requests, people and resources.

At least he take a bit time off to reply to this post since it was a case where it might cause all registered users to become chaotic.

we should wait patient more since Wayne had already responded give him time and others moderators of Diamond CS to provide us with better service once everything is settled I guess.

But one thing time- frame which Wayne only mention soon but the dateline worries me

17. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Just around the corner was also the case for TDS....see how that ended....:ninja:

18. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

concerning the future of the company, the only prudent thing to do is wait and see. Griping and venting frustration will get you no where. It is possible the situation is as Wayne stated. As for me I will just have to wait and see what happens.

bigc

19. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Nicely summed up...

20. controler

controler Guest

I did not say much in the old TDS bashing thread and won't say much here either. I wouldn't say that griping about none listening to bugs or asking for help is such a bad thing. If it is all about R&D, who is supplying bugs in new builds that being tested? Development is about fixing bugs. I am aware that some things found are not bugs at all but rather system or program conflicts.

I have bought all their products because they were worth it.
    Now I will sit back and watch and waite like you BigC.
    I will not bother to post or e-mail what could be bugs or questions.

Bruce

21. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I saw this all coming when TDS-3 was cut. But the fat lady hasn't finished singing yet, so we will just have to sit and wait see how it turns out.

22. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Just because there's some discontent here doesn't mean we're going to start advertising software - one such post removed.

23. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

If I remember correctly, DimaondCS is a small company, like only 3 or 4 people if I'm not mistaken, so I can understand how they don't have time to do all at once kind of setups to make customers happy. You also have to go by what the company owner/rep says, until something else proves otherwise. No need to say it's the end, when in fact, you don't know that, you only SPECULATE.. I agree, and hope Wayne reads this, that CUSTOMER SERVICE is key for a company. You can have great products, but if you can't help the customer, or answer simple questions, you'll be doomed. Maybe you should have somone just for tech support, and nothing else, so that customers, or potential customers, have help where they dont' have to wait days, or more, for help, sometimes, not at all.. It will ONLY help your company, and it's future.

24. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I have to agree with Red Dawn. Diamond CS is apparently a small company, probably run out of someones garage. While they don't always respond immediately to posts, someone else with an answer usually will. I also have complained about the web site being outdated. All in all, in retrospect I'd say that you just can't compare DCS to how other software companies are managed (updated web sites, help desks, new releases every month, etc). DCS makes leading-edge stuff that works, and that's the bottom line for me.

I think they will be around for some time.

25. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I also am a happy user of PG. It works and works well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.