Dial up -v- Broadband?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by AvianFlux, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icewind

Icewind Registered Member

I know! Isn't it shocking? But, mind you, that's really only the set-up costs and snags within broadband in Australia. It's expensive because it's not common to have broadband in Australia. :ninja:

However, I need to clarify an issue. Monthly payments for Bigpond are only $29.95/month for 256/512kbps for the connection thereon. So, I don't think you need to pay anything more on that, except for phone line rental caps. Prices are still capped for download and hours usage.

NO MORE SETUP FEES NEED TO BE PAID AFTER THAT!

So really, it's not expensive, but setting it up is what you are REALLY paying for. And yes, that IS the price I pay for my three month internet connection. Darn rip-off merchants... GRRR... Government... :mad:

But, in years to come, it will get worse, due to GST or the Goods and Services Tax. It is a staggering fact to know that petrol (Gas in America) in Australia costs $1.20 A LITRE <GASP!> :eek: whereas in the U.S. it costs 39c or something! Isn't it shocking? :eek:

As a last comment, GO LABOUR! Labour party is against all these GST costs and snags and helps people who are poor and needy. GO THE AUSTRALIAN LABOUR PARTY!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.