Dial up speed?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by spacecase, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacecase

spacecase Guest

Hi
    Does someone know how i can determine my dial up speed? Is there a free program, that i can leave in my systray, that could be used to determine my speed? Or is there something in Windows (i use Windows ME) that can tell me my dial up speed (accurately) and be put in the system tray so i can view it regularly? Thanks for any info.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders,

I never used ME myself, but this worked on both my old 98SE system and my current XP-home one so I assume it's in ME too.

Somewhere in the Properties of your dial-up (someone else can probably steer you to exactly where more accurately than me) there should be a tick-box for adding an icon to the toolbar when you're connected. If you mouse-over this icon, it'll show you connection speed as well as bytes received and sent -- and you can right-click on it for additional info (Status) such as how long you've been connected.

Best,
    Mike

3. spacecase

spacecase Guest

Hi MikeBCda

Can you tell me how to find the properties of my dial up in Windows 98se since it's so similar to Windows me? Can it be accessed from the Windows control panel under perhaps modems, or network or something else? Thanks.

4. MikeBCda

Hi again,

If you don't have a "Network Connections" shortcut on your desktop, it'll be in Control Panel. Open Network Connections then right-click on your dial-up and select Properties, and that tick-box should be right at the bottom of the front page (or at least in XP -- and I know it's there somewhere in 98SE, sorry don't remember if it's the same place).

5. spacecase

spacecase Guest

Thanks for your help MikeBCda.

6. MikeBCda

Any old time, spacecase, that's what we're all here for. :)

Stick around, and you might surprise yourself by finding you can help others too -- we've got literally every possible level of user ability and experience here.

7. hetlar

hetlar Guest

tnx for ur pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.