Dial-up network issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ranger_cole, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranger_cole

ranger_cole Registered Member

After upgrading? windows xp pro to xp sp2 I am having some strange dial-up problems. 1) I can connect and within 5 minutes the dial-up network icon disappears but I am still connected. They only way to disconnect is to restart the computer. 2) Other times I can connect check email, etc. and click dial-up icon and choose disconnect but the icon stays in tray. Only way to disconnect is to restart. Trojan, bot, etc? I do have/use/update adaware, spybot, spywareblaster and Mcafee antispyware. Any ideas?

2. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

SP2 modified the driver of my modem, causing it to malfunction when connected to the internet. I had a good image file of SP1, so I used it to undo the problem.

If your AV and spyware/trojan are up-to-date, then you may want to undo SP2. Note that rolling back the modem driver and uninstalling SP2 didn't fix my modem issue. That's why it's so important to IMAGE your OS prior to ANY major upgrade!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.