Diagnostics Hell

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by golion1, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golion1

golion1 Registered Member

Hello,

I have been using TI9 to image a lab full of Dell Optiplex GX620s.

No problems there.

I am also responsible, however for imaging a fleet of Dell Latitude D620 Notebook Computers. This is where the problem arrises. Two of them have had to be reimaged. The recovery process gets to the very end and a windows pops up that says the .tib file is corrupt. From there, the machine launches into diagnostic mode, never to return. The machine can no longer boot as the system drive has been erased. I them have to install XP and all the gigs of apps from scratch - a chore that easlily take a whole day...

The thing is this - when the laptops first came in, I built one up with all the apps that the developers required, and then burnt an image of that and pushed it out the the other 6 IDENTICAL laptops... It worked wonerfully that day!

ANYBODY EVER SEEN THIS? WHY ONLY LAPTOPSo_O?? o_O

Thank you

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you saying that the original image that you used cannot be restored to these two laptops now?

Does that make sense to you? It sounds like there has been some change in the hardware. Have you checked the RAM for errors? Have you scanned the hard drives for bad sectors?

When you made the original image, did you image C or the entire hard drive? If only C, make an image of the entire hard drive on one of the other computers and restore that.

3. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Sounds like a problem with the linux recovery environment....or a Universal Restore error (if licensed and used)

Have you tried PE..? I had so much problems with the Linux Environment - my first choice is PE.

Volker

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello golion1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. Also make sure that the Acronis True Image Bootable CD is created with the latest build of the software. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also clarify the following:

- Let us know the exact name and build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number);

- Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows to restore the image archive?

- Where have you stored the image archive (internal or external hard drive, network shared folder, CD or DVD discs or another storage media)?

Please also follow jmk94903 advice and perform the Memory Test.

Please be aware that we highly recommend that you validate the image integrity prior to the restoration. Since during the restoration all the data stored on the restored partition will be replaced by the image data and if the image is corrupted you may end with unbootable system. You can either use Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Backup Archive) of Acronis True Image or "Validate backup archive before restoration" option (Tools -> Options -> Default Restoration Options -> Additional settings) to check the image archive integrity.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.