Diablo Hack Data Files Help me get rid of it

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Karensully, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karensully

Karensully Guest

My system is over run with files that have been changed into diablo hack data files. My son downloaded a trainer and this thing is everywhere! It doesn't seem to effect anything so far, but why wait until it does? It has converted 3172 files, all of them showing the diablo icon, all saying the file type is diablohackdata. What do I do?

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Karen,

TDS3 has quite some diablo variants covered. Grab a trial copy, install, make sure to manually update the database ("radius"), and perform a full system scan.

Keep us posted as for the results.

regards.

paul

3. rye_encoke

rye_encoke Registered Member

Wow this original post is old but guess what....I have almost the same problem except it was my brother did it to my computer.....if anyone has any information as to how to get rid of this I would be so grateful.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

You might want to try Paul's suggestion above.

5. rye_encoke

rye_encoke Registered Member

I in fact did try the above suggestion but it didn't work. I was hoping that someone else had come up with a working solution.

6. bypasser

bypasser Guest

hi
    i'ts nothing to worry about.
    Your son probably set accidentally for some type of files this diablo program as a default opener. You must find out, what is the extension of this filetype (for example .txt)
    And then you can change it back to whatever program it was bount to before (if you can locate, what program file was earlier associated)
    My computer>Tools>folder options>file types.
    In the list you must find the needed filetype, then choose edit.
    But you can just leave it too. Its not harmful at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.