Device Manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lws, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lws

lws Registered Member

My system is XP Pro SP3. The problem I have is regarding the "Device Manager". I am unable to view "Non-Plug and Play drivers" even when I click "View", "Show Hidden Devices". And yes I have Clicked "System Properties", "Advanced", "Environment Variables", "User Variables" and "System Variables" with entries of "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" with variable value of "1". This problem has just occurred recently after installing and uninstalling various firewalls and anti virus programs. Just a footnote I am logged in as "administrator". If someone can help me out with this problem it would be much appreciated

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what happens when you click on it? Create another admin profile and see if the issue persists.

3. lws

lws Registered Member

Click on what? I tried another admin account and it's still the same. Can see all devices EXCEPT non plug and play.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. lws

lws Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. A bit confused now as my computer skills are rather limited. What I did after reading the above was run regedit and found that the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1} " was missing. entered new key {8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1} and edit string "EnumPropPages32 REG_SZ SysSetup.dll,LegacyDriverPropPageProvider" Did I do this right ? Anyway non plug in devices still do not show.
    This part confuses me as she added....This is added by the legcydrv.inf file, which is owned by the “Device: LegacyDriver" <<< can you enlighten me on this? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.